Welcome from The Society of Financial Service Professionals
The Society of Financial Service Professionals is the professional home for credentialed professionals! It provides unsurpassed benefits, services and networking opportunities for its members who serve the public in the financial service industry. Society members come together and share their individual “wisdom” with other members to sharpen their skills that ultimately benefit the public.
The Society of Financial Service Professionals is the only professional organization in the industry that requires its more than 27,000 members to be credentialed or actively pursuing one of these widely-recognized designations or degrees; CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter): ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant); CFP (Certified Financial Planner); CPA (Certified Public Accountant); JD (licensed attorney); RHU (Registered Health Underwriter); REBC (Registered Employee Benefits Consultant); CLF (Chartered Leadership Fellow); CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist); MSM (Master of Science in Financial Services) or MSM (Master of Science in Management). Individuals who are working toward attaining their designation or degree may join the Society as an Associate member if they have successfully completed at least one course.
The SW Michigan Chapter of SFSP Mission Statement
The SW Michigan Chapter is an organization dedicated to promoting high ethical standards and responsibility to our profession by providing an advanced continuing education program to all credentialed financial service professionals.
Our chapter’s commitment to our Mission Statement is as follows:
1. To strengthen the knowledge of our members through an ongoing series of educational programs such as chapter courses and DVD seminars.
2. Increase awareness of member’s qualifications to the public and allied professionals.
3. Fulfill the needs of our members by maintaining an effective organization structure.
4. Provide the highest standard of ethics in the practice of law, insurance, accounting, financial planning and other financial service fields.
5. Provide networking opportunities for our members through various chapter programs.